SECO’s quality management system meets international standards and underpins its constant efforts to improve processes, internal services and projects. This increases both efficiency and effectiveness.
SECO’s Economic Cooperation and Development division was one of the first federal agencies to introduce an ISO-9001-certified quality management system, subject to an independent annual audit. The system enables SECO to fulfil its responsibilities towards partner organisations, the Swiss Parliament and the public.
Core elements of the quality management system
- SECO systematically aligns its actions with its mandate and mission statement as well as its annual strategic, operational and institutional goals.
- SECO follows the requirements of its partner organisations and complies with both legal and regulatory guidelines.
- SECO documents and regularly updates its guidelines and processes. Internal and external audits regularly review if they are being properly implemented.
- SECO activities are systematically evaluated for their relevance, efficiency, effectiveness, sustainability, coherence and social impact.
- SECO identifies, assesses and monitors risks in partner countries on an ongoing basis based on its risk management system.
These measures ensure a continuous improvement of SECO’s management system.